Donate to the ReStore
Below are lists of items the ReStore can and cannot accept.
If you do not see your item on either lists or have questions please call (814) 353-2390. Donations can be dropped off during ReStore hours, and no later than a half hour before closing.
If your items are on our lists, too large for your car and valuable please call, 814-353-2390, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule a free donation pick-up.
Donation Items We Can Accept
All Items must clean & in working order.
- Appliances (No older than 15 years) Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Freezers, Washing Machine, Dryer, Microwave, Range Hood, Oven (Gas & Electric), Range Top
- Storage & Organizational Standing or Hanging Shelves, Storage Containers, Bubble Wrap, Tool Boxes, Coat Hooks, Etc.
- Cabinets Kitchen & Bathroom in good condition, Cabinet Doors, Frames & Accessories
- Countertops Granite, Quartz, Laminate (No water damage or mold)
- Lumber (No Mold, Good Condition) Pine or Softwood, Hardwood, Paneling, Pressure Treated, Decking, Plywood, Barn Wood, Fencing, Balusters, Structural, Etc.
- Doors Exterior, Solid Interior, Raised Panel Hollow Core Only
- Trim & Moldings (No Nails, Damage) Baseboard, Crown Molding, Decorative Moldings, Columns, Handrail, Etc.
- Electrical Light Fixtures, Lamp, Light Fixture Parts, Electrical Panel Boxes, Outlet Covers, Outlet Boxes, Electrical Wire, Etc.
- Roofing Full packages of shingles, Rolls of Sheeting , Adhesives, Unused Ceiling Tiles, Etc.
- Flooring Solid Wood, Laminate Floating Floor, Unused Carpet, Vinyl Rolls or Planks, Adhesive Tile, Marble, Slate, Glass or Other Specialty Tile, Grout, Unused Concrete, Brick, No Less than 30 Square Feet of Ceramic Tile
- Heating & Cooling Electric or Gas Fire Places, Mantels Surrounds & Accessories, Water Heaters (to recycle), Air conditioners, Fans, Duct Work, Unused Insulation, Foam Board
- Furniture Coffee Tables, Side Tables, Book Shelves, Kitchen Tables, Bed Frames, High Quality Desks, Dressers, Chairs, School Desks, Work Tables, Filing Cabinets, Entertainment Centers, Antique & Vintage Furniture, Furniture Parts, Etc.
- Plumbing Kitchen & Bathroom Sinks, Toilets (in white or neutral colors), Bath Tubs, Showers, Repair parts, Unused PVC pipe & fittings, Copper, Black Iron, or Steel Pipe, Faucets, Vanity Cabinets, & Tops, Towel Bars & Other Bathroom Hardware
- Hardware Door Hardware, Cabinet, Structural, Brackets, HVAC, Castors, Shelving Antique Hardware, Etc.
- Seasonal Decor Holiday Wreaths, Wall Hangings, Lights, Ornaments, Craft Kits, Yard Decorations, Gift Supplies, Christmas Trees, Etc.
- Fasteners Nails, Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Washers, Staples, Rivets, Etc.
- Seasonal Supplies Gardening, Winterizing, Fall Cleanup, Etc.
- Home Decor Picture Frames, Wall Hangings, Unused Rugs, Decorative Home Accents, New Craft Supplies, Clocks, Framed Mirrors
- Paint Full Containers Only of Paint, Stain, Remover, Caulk, & Adhesives, no older than 5 years, Paint Tools & Accessories, Full rolls of Wall Paper
- Windows Double hung, Storm Windows, Window Sashes, New Curtains, Curtain Rods
- Drywall Full or partial undamaged sheets, Full containers of mud, Tape, Corner Bead
- Metal Scrap (Non Hazardous Only)
- Tools All Power Tools (Battery must charge), Hand tools, Tool Accessories, Ladders, Garden Tools, Industrial tools, Tool Storage, Antique Tools, Etc.
Items We Can Not Accept
These Items we cannot accept due to hazard, safety, or inventory needs.
- Plastic or Cloth Window Blinds
- Unframed Mirrors or Glass
- Used Ceiling Tiles
- Used Rugs or Carpet
- Any heavily soiled items
- Used Florescent Light Bulbs
- Small Amounts of ceramic tile or any used tile
- Less than full containers of any adhesives or paint
- Any damaged furniture, countertops, or cabinets
- Used flat panel Hollow Core Doors
- Clothing, Mattresses, Any Upholstered Furniture or small Kitchen Appliances
- Computers or Electronics
- Shower or Bathtub doors
ReStore's inventory of materials is made up of generous donations provided by members of our community. Donors include individuals, organizations, manufacturers, businesses and retailers. Many donors are remodeling, organizing, downsizing, or redecorating. Often businesses have overstocks or scratch and dent items to offer to us. ReStore accepts a variety of new and gently used home improvement items and materials. All donations upon acceptance may receive a tax-decuctable receipt, because Habitat for humanity of Greater Centre County is a 501-C3 organization.
- Donations must be clean and in 100% working order
- After hours drop offs are not permitted
- Please arrive with donations no later than half hour to closing time.
1. If you have good, reusable or new items you would like us to consider for donation, call ReStore at (814) 353-2390. You will be asked for a general description of items including quantities, sizes, and condition. Please also be prepared to share contact information. Donors are encouraged to arrange to transport items to ReStore to reduce operating costs at the facility, so please indicate if you will be dropping off the item or need to schedule a donation pick-up.
2. ReStore determines if the item can be accepted for donation. Final decisions are reserved until the time of drop off or pick up.
3. Please arrive at ReStore no later than half hour prior to closing with your prescreened items. If a pick up is requested, one may be scheduled over the telephone or via e-mail.
For free donation pick ups:
*Please locate items on ground level (in a carport or garage for example).
*Please label items "Habitat Donation."
*Absolutely no hazardous materials or garbage, please.
4. Thank you! ReStore will issue a receipt that may be used for tax purposes for items it is able to accept. The value of the donation is determined by the donor.
The ReStore may refuse materials based on material condition, current needs, inventory levels or for any other reason. Please call (814) 353-2390 for more information.
Other Donation Alternatives
Have items that ReStore can not accept? Try contacting these organizations:
3013 Benner Pike
State College, PA
1 (800) 605-6649