Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County works in partnership with local families in need to provide simple, decent, affordable homeownership opportunities to families who otherwise would not be able to afford homes of their own in Centre County.
Each family completes 350 hours of sweat equity building their own homes and their neighborhood, and they build self-sufficiency and stability through financial education and homeownership counseling. At completion, the homes are sold at no profit with affordable financing options.
Is Habitat right for you?
Do you want to live in a home that will be rehabilitated of newly constructed in Centre County?
Are you prepared to...
- Invest 350 hours of sweat equity into your Habitat home and the homes for other households?
- Participate with Habitat for the entire time it will take to build your home?
- Save money towards the down payment for your home?
- Commit to a 20 to 30-year legal obligation of a mortgage and to make your monthly payments on time?
- Handle other legal responsibilities involved in owning a home, such as paying insurance and real estate taxes?
- Pay for all utilities, including electricity, gas, water/sewer and phone service?
- Assume responsibility for repair work on your home to prevent future problems?
- Maintain an emergency reserve of cash for unexpected repair work?
If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions and you are ready to accept the challenges and costs that come with the advantages of homeownership, then you may be ready to own a home through Habitat.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County holds information sessions and application workshops when housing opportunities are available. If you are interested in attending, please fill out the Interest Form. When we schedule the next session, you will be invited to attend.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS AND APPLICATION WORKSHOPS
Saturday, March 22 -- 9 to 11am
Saturday, April 19 -- 9 to 11am
All sessions are held at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County, located at 1155 Zion Road in Bellefonte, PA. Registration is required; please call (814) 353-2390 to confirm your attendance.