While Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County welcomes all to assist with our work, there are a few guidelines that apply to volunteering on a worksite.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers must complete a Release of Waiver and Liability. Volunteers who are 16 or 17 years-old at the time of their volunteer service, must have a parent or legal guardian also sign their waiver form for it to be complete.
- Volunteers must read and abide by the Rules to Build By. Additionally, Lockton Affinity, HFHGCC's insurance carrier, provides access to a full catalog of safety videos for your review.
- Volunteers must adhere to all HFHGCC safety policies and practices on site. The Site Supervisor has the right to ask a volunteer to leave if it is determined that a volunteer cannot or will not abide by these policies and practices.
- Volunteers must be pre-registered for their workday. Walk-ons or drop-ins are not encouraged.
- Volunteers must be considerate of the diversity of our volunteers; be mindful of language and behavior.
- Smoking is prohibited at all HFHGCC worksites.
Clothing and Tools
Wear hard-soled shoes (no open toes), long pants, clothing appropriate to the weather and NO DANGLING JEWELRY. If you have them, bring pencil, hammer, measuring tool, work gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, sunscreen and a water bottle (be sure to mark your name on all of your tools, etc.).
Arrival and Departure
To make the most of your volunteer experience with us, we ask that you adhere to the following:
Worksite hours are 8:30am-4:00pm, unless noted otherwise. Please plan on arriving at the worksite at least 10 minutes early for a safety briefing and orientation. There is a lunch break around noon for about an hour. Lunch is not provided unless your group has arranged for it. Most volunteers pack lunch and enjoy the break time together.
The end of the workday includes time to clean-up tools and materials. Please do not leave the site until this important step is complete.
FOR FIRST-TIME VOLUNTEERS REGISTERING TO WORK VIA THE CONSTRUCTION CALENDAR, FIRST PLEASE COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION & SKILLS FORM.