How to Apply
All information that you provide will be held in strictest confidence.
1. Complete the application -- fill in all blanks. If a question does not apply to you, mark N/A. Incomplete applications cause delays. Attach additional sheets as needed.
2. Sign and date the Authorization and Release forms (section 9 on the application). If there are co-applicants, both must sign.
3. Enclose copies of the following documents (Do not send originals!) We will not make copies for you in the office
- your most recent Income Tax Return. If you did not file taxes, please provide a letter, signed by you, that states that you did not file taxes and the reason why.
- your last two (2) paycheck stubs or other proof of income.
- your last two (2) bank statements showing all checking, savings, and loan balances. If you do not have a bank account, please write that on your application.
- proof of child support and/or public assistance (such as SSI, AFDC, Social Security, disability, food stamps, etc.) if you receive them.
- proof of home ownership (this may include the Deed of Trust or your most recent property tax receipt).
Credit Report- use the form on the forms page to request your own credit report.
4. Include the name, mailing address, and telephone number of your current employer.
5. Include the name, mailing address, and telephone number of your previous employer, if you have been employed at your current job for less than two (2) years.
6. Please read and complete the Information for Government Monitoring Purposes form.
THE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- You must own and occupy a home that needs and could benefit from short-term exterior improvements.
- You must meet the income guidelines outlined here.
- You must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County.
- You must be unable to afford the full cost of labor and material up front and unable to complete them otherwise due to age, disability, or circumstance.
Download a copy of the application from the forms section of the website. Fill it out completely; submitting an incomplete application will result in a delay in the processing of it. Send copies of all information requested. Not submitting the required documents will result in a delay in processing your application.
Once complete, drop off or mail your application and all documents required to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Centre County, 1155 Zion Rd., Bellefonte, PA 16823
Once you submit your application and required documents, we will be in touch with you.