ReStore's inventory of materials is made up of generous donations provided by members of our community. Donors include individuals, organizations, manufacturers, businesses and retailers. Many donors are remodeling, organizing, downsizing, or redecorating. Often businesses have overstocks or scratch and dent items to offer to us. ReStore accepts a variety of new and used building materials and home improvement items. Items like lumber, flooring, doors, windows, cabinets, and counter tops can be found at ReStore. Your donation may be tax deductible.
Lists of acceptable and not acceptable materials are at the bottom of this page. Some materials may also have size limits or requirements so please call ahead.
ReStore depends on the community's generosity for its survival. Without your donation, it would not be possible for ReStore to serve your community and Habitat for Humanity. ReStore must, in some cases, turn away items offered for donation due to condition, current needs, and inventory levels or for any other reason. Donors are encouraged to call ahead for current information at (814) 353-2390.
- Donations must be clean and in 100% working order
- After hours drop offs are not permitted
- Please arrive with donations no later than one hour prior to closing time
Please see the steps below for how to make a donation.
1. If you have good, reusable or new items you would like us to consider for donation, call ReStore at (814) 353-2390. You will be asked for a general description of items including quantities, sizes, and condition. Please also be prepared to share contact information. Donors are encouraged to arrange to transport items to ReStore to reduce operating costs at the facility, so please indicate if you will be dropping off the item.
2. ReStore determines if the item can be accepted for donation. Final decisions are reserved until the time of drop off or pick up.
3. Please arrive at ReStore no later than one hour prior to closing with your prescreened items. If a pick up is requested, one may be scheduled over the telephone. For pick ups:
*Please locate items on ground level (in a carport or garage for example).
*Please label items "Habitat Donation."
*Absolutely no hazardous materials or garbage, please.
4. Thank you! ReStore will issue a receipt that may be used for tax purposes for items it is able to accept. The value of the donation is determined by the donor.
Items We Accept:
Doors, Windows, Cabinets, Lumber, Roofing, Flooring, Plumbing, Architectural, Electric Appliances, Counter Tops, Home Decor, Paint, Hardware, Light Fixtures, Tools
Items We Can NEVER Accept:
Hazardous materials containing lead or asbestos, Upholstered Furniture, Mattresses, Used Carpet/Padding, Acidic/Toxic/Caustic Products, Computers, Electronics
Items Not Currently Being Accepted:
Small amounts of tile
Used Hollow-Core Doors and Bi-Fold Doors
Metal Bi-Fold Doors
Used Florescent Lights/Bulbs/Fixtures
Unframed Mirrors or Glass
Used Blinds/Window Coverings
Used Shower/Tub Doors
ReStore may refuse materials based on material condition, current needs,
inventory levels or for any other reason.
Please call (814) 353-2390 for more information.
Other Donation Alternatives
Have items that ReStore can not accept? Try contacting these organizations:
3013 Benner Pike
110 West High Street
424 Westerly Parkway
State College, PA
St. Vincent DePaul Society
526 Westerly Parkway
State College, PA
Centre County Recycle & Reuse Authority
Recycle Hot Line
1 (800) 605-6649